• Create Account

Learning C++ 11

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 PlayfulCritter   Members   -  Reputation: 132

0Likes

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:14 AM

I last touched upon C++ a few years ago and since then most of my professional work has been in C#. As I'm looking to move country and gain a new career I'm wanting to freshen up my C++ knowledge and skillset.

Can someone recommend the best place on the web, or a book, that I may be able to learn the new C++ standards that have been put in place since I last used it?

Sponsor:

#2 BitMaster   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3904

0Likes

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

The Wikipedia page for C++11 is a reasonable summary if you just want an overview about what's new. For a more comprehensive resource, cppreference.com is probably your best bet. cplusplus.com is another site easily seen in search results, but I would strongly suggest to prefer cppreference.com over cplusplus.com.

#3 LaboPie   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

If you are not a beginner of the programming in general, i can suggest the one made by the creator of c++: c++Book. I've started with that. 

#4 Godmil   Members   -  Reputation: 744

2Likes

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

http://herbsutter.com/elements-of-modern-c-style/

#5 cdoubleplusgood   Members   -  Reputation: 824

1Likes

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

From the master himself:

http://www.stroustrup.com/C++11FAQ.html

Doesn't look very stylish, but it's a very good introduction. It also explains the motivation for some changes, e.g. rvalue references (in my opinion the most important C++11 language feature).

#6 Nathan2222_old   Members   -  Reputation: -400

0Likes

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

If you are not a beginner of the programming in general, i can suggest the one made by the creator of c++: c++Book

4th edition.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32
smile.png
--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

#7 LaboPie   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

If you are not a beginner of the programming in general, i can suggest the one made by the creator of c++: c++Book

4th edition.

Yes, of course, i bought it in May and i'm very satisfied....

#8 Nathan2222_old   Members   -  Reputation: -400

0Likes

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

4th edition.

Yes, of course, i bought it in May and i'm very satisfied....
It's really confusing for me. Still a beginner

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32
smile.png
--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS