• Create Account

Calling all IT Pros from Canada and Australia.. we need your help! Support our site by taking a quick sponsored surveyand win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

Camera walk upon stairs

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 newtechnology   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1152

0Likes

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

If I want my camera to walk upon stairs in the house mesh then what would I've to do? what is the basic concept?

Also after going up stairs, I want my camera/player to move on floor.

Xoih3Yu.png

Sponsor:

#2 Steve_Segreto   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1781

0Likes

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Have a read through this, http://www.peroxide.dk/papers/collision/collision.pdf

Also rather than submitting your rendered geometry for collision detection/resolution, consider having a simplified mesh geometry for collisions, and your staircase would have a collision model that was just a ramp.

#3 newtechnology   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1152

0Likes

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

So why can't we use the stairs from the picture? I know it'd be easier to use ramp but what if I want to use stairs instant?
Also I've a question,

what would i do if my world is full of complex objects i.e buildings, houses etc. and I want my player/camera to able to walk in all these objects and move here and there just like real world? 

Edited by newtechnology, 10 February 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS