My name is Ivan Ivanovski, aka BigGiantHead, and I am the co-founder of Tesseract Interactive. I would like to present to you Excubitor, a game I am working on for some time. An action game at it’s core, it harks back to the days of the Strike Series and Raptor: Call of The Shadows.
While those games served as the initial inspiration, in the later stages of development our focus shifted to not just invoke the gameplay of old school shoot-em-ups, but also provide the player with a loot system and different upgrades, as well as the core mechanics of the tower defense genre. By fusing all of these pieces in addition to our own ideas and gameplay innovations we believe Excubitor has developed it’s own identity, something that will differentiate our game from the ones that came before it.
We are already in closed alpha testing of the core gameplay elements and soon we are going to have a public demo. I am encouraging you to give us your sincere feedback, because this will be crucial to improve the game and take it to the next level.
Tech-demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxvOzIXlIuM
Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xe8FhFAAio
Or you can send me mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
And again I encourage you to give us your honest feedback. Below you can read more about Excubitor and check some awesome screenshots we made. Enjoy!
In a militaristic future where mankind has conquered the farthest reaches of space, the crew of a lone research vessel called Antares lies dormant near an off-world mining colony until it receives a distress signal and executes a surveillance mission. Upon descent on the planet you discover that the colony is under attack. There you must battle the war machines of humanity, now controlled by a sentient entity of unknown origins. As the player, you are the pilot of a space fighter, the only one trained and capable to fend of the enemy forces and defend Antares.
* Explore different worlds, each one offering a unique feel and different gameplay elements
* Confront a vast array of enemy units, with the difficulty increasing as the game progresses
* Choose from different spacecraft upgrades
* A big selection of weapons that unlock as you progress through the game
* Plan your resources – unlock new strategic possibilities based on your play style using the resources you earn in-game
* Go on the offence, or bunker down defensively - upgrade your spacecraft and take the fight to the enemy, or build defensive turrets and turtle out the storm