• Create Account

Need help with XMVector3TransformCoordStream

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tengato   Members   -  Reputation: 167

0Likes

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi, I'm working on a bounding volume generation project, and I found a DirectXMath method, XMVector3TransformCoordStream, (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh404778(v=vs.85).aspx) that would be perfect for a need I have. Only it is just writing all (1, 1, 1) points to my output.  I'm not sure why this is happening, I've verified that the memory at the input and output pointers is correct beforehand, that the strides are the right size, and the transform is correct.

ArrayList<XMFLOAT3> points;

int count = mGeometries[*model]->mVertices.size();

points.clearAndReserve(count);

XMVector3TransformCoordStream(

points.mData,

sizeof(XMFLOAT3),

&(mGeometries[*model]->mVertices.get_item(0)->mPos),

sizeof(Vertex),

count,

(*model)->GetTransform());

points.mCount = count;

Any idea what I'm missing?  Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Tengato   Members   -  Reputation: 167

1Likes

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

It turns out XMVector3TransformCoordStream is an inline method so I was able to debug it, and I found out that my transform matrix was not getting returned correctly after all.

=)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS