• Create Account

Source SDK on Mac - looking for help setting up things

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 cyrdun   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

Hello,

I am trying to get the Source SDK running on my Mac and I've come into several problems. First I couldn't find the "games.mak" file supposed to be created when running the script found in the downloaded Github repository. But this seemed to be solved by building all the targets with XCode, after changing some settings. However, I still don't know how to use the SDK to make a game or a mod on Mac. It seems to work differently from the previous game engine I tried, UDK GoW (on Windows), which was quite simple to launch since I only had to create a shortcut to launch the level editor. Here on my Mac with Source SDK, though XCode told me the build succeeded, I can't find an icon for the Hammer Level Editor. I know these are very basic questions, but they are not walked through in the various tutorials I have read so far. Can anyone help?

TIA!

config : OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Cyrille

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS