• Create Account

[ANDROID NATIVE ACTIVITY] Resume message is followed by window destruction

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seabolt   Members   -  Reputation: 633

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hey guys,

For some reason on a Nexus 7 device, I'll occasionally get a resume command and then at some after or during the command, I'll get a window destroyed command. This is an issue because I need to flag that it's safe to render again after the resume command, but then the device is killed.

Is this supposed to happen, am I not releasing correctly, or should I be handling the resume command differently?

I'm working on a project with a tight NDA so I can't say much, but please give me any ideas you might have.

Perception is when one imagination clashes with another

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 19820

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'm curious if the source of the resume command is important. Perhaps it is trying to launch a new instance?

Actually, after some Google: is it this?
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 Seabolt   Members   -  Reputation: 633

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hm... it's possible. I'm using native activity, so I'm not using any intents but I might be causing something similar when resuming.

Currently I can reproduce the issue by sleeping the screen and waking it up. I'm already releasing opengl resources and recreating them, and it will pause and resume correctly 90% of the time. 

Here's some of the output I get prior to the crash:

D/audio_hw_primary(  180): adev_set_parameters: exit with code(-2)
V/threaded_app( 8167): Resume: 0x728fae18
V/threaded_app( 8167): activityState=11
I/ACE     ( 8167): [ENGINE] Received Command 11...
I/ACE     ( 8167): [ENGINE] Command APP_CMD_RESUME
D/SurfaceControl(  526): Excessive delay in unblankDisplay() while turning screen on: 241ms
E/BufferQueue(  177): [com.ace.engine/android.app.NativeActivity] dequeueBuffer: BufferQueue has been abandoned!
W/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 8167): <DequeueBuffer:544>: dequeue native buffer fail: No such device
W/Adreno200-ES20( 8167): <gl2_surface_swap:43>: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
W/Adreno200-EGL( 8167): <qeglDrvAPI_eglSwapBuffers:3518>: EGL_BAD_ALLOC
W/Adreno200-EGL( 8167): <qeglDrvAPI_eglSwapBuffers:3525>: EGL_BAD_SURFACE
V/threaded_app( 8167): NativeWindowDestroyed: 0x728fae18 -- 0x730334e0

All the ACE tags are my application.

Perception is when one imagination clashes with another

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS