• Create Account

Difference between moderator approval and publishing?

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6312

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

I submitted an article on Feb 15 and thought I "published" it then as the status following the article title changed to "Awaiting Approval" as advertised. That status hasn't changed, but the status beside the author (me) name now reads "Published Jan 18 2038 10:14 PM." I didn't start the article until mid-February.

I'm unfamiliar with the process. Can someone tell me a bit more about, for instance, what "published" means in both the context of "submitting for approval" and the "Published" date?

Also, I'm assuming that moderator approval with be indicated (without my intervention) by a change to Peer Review. Is that correct?

Edited by Buckeye, 18 February 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

Sponsor:

#2 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5275

1Likes

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

As far as the system is concerned, your article is published. But as we don't want it to be accessible to the public before we have a chance to review it the date has been set far into the future. So the Published date is entirely a system thing. The article will not be considered published as in visible to the public until it has been reviewed at which point as you surmised the state of the article will change to Peer Review. And you'll get an email about it from me as well. So stay tuned...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#3 Buckeye   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6312

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hah! I didn't even notice the year when I posted. Clear enough, Gaiden. Appreciate the response.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

PARTNERS