• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

SFML + Awesomium ingame web browser

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 aliasc   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

My question is simple. How can i get an awesomium web view to display it on SFML window. Just the logic, do i need to extract buffer data

from awesomium view to SFML texture and display it as drawable. By the way, it doesn't have to be SFML, you can show me an example with SDL also. Please be more clear, i need to know the logic behind displaying web views in a game surface.

Here is an example with SDL OpenGL and Awesomium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt4_NxoIq98

Sponsor:

#2 jHaskell   Members   -  Reputation: 1053

2Likes

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

A quick perusal of the Awesomium API shows that you can get direct access to the View::Surface::Buffer pixel data, so a less than optimal approach would be to copy this buffer data into an SFML texture and then draw with that texture.

If I was concerned about performance then I would investigate either some way of getting the Awesomium API to draw directly into an SFML texture or directly using the Awesomium buffer as a texture.  That doesn't eliminate the need to push this data to the graphics memory, but it would eliminate the additional copy from PC memory to PC memory.  Depending on your end goal, this may be irrelevant.

#3 aliasc   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

Actually im just trying to use SFML for windowing, and experiment a little with Awesomium. I'm not trying to make fancy things like ingame computer browsing. Just using SFML as a windowing library. Thanks for your help. The solution is to copy the buffer data from awesomium to sfml texture.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS