• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

[D3D8] .dss texture quality - skybox

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 xgnmDX8   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hello,

I have big problems with the rendering of a .dss texture to a cube.

I dont know if it is the directx version (d3d8) or the output settings and mipmaps of the .dss file, but i get the texture rendered in a not so good quality.

Have anyone made experience with this? Is it because I use d3d8? Did I forget something for rendering the .dss file in a better quality? Is it because of the wrong output settings of the .dss file?

I Use a map(dict) where i put the sky texturename with the number of the tile.

Then I get the texture reference of the map by GetTextureReference().GetD3DTexture() and then i render over SetTexture(0, GetD3DTexture())

Is this there any problem? 

I render it over DrawPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP, 0, 2) and the world matrix of the cube is 3500x3500x3500 (float).

Althought I think, that the matrix scalling doesnt matter.

Whether the picture is in 1920x1024 or a little smaller, it doesnt get rendered better.

I dont know how i can render the skybox textures in a better quality to the cube. Do I need to update to d3d9?

Thanks for Help.

Sponsor:

#2 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13958

2Likes

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Why don’t you show a screenshot of the problem?

L. Spiro

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS