• Create Account

Updating a texture with another textures data

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hintze   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hi guys!

I have a texture i wish to take a part of the data from and set to another texture, for example I have my color map covering my entire terrain and I wish to take  the data from a square 10x10 and set to another texture which is then to be used as a sub texture on my terrain. This i do as a test to see i am doing everything right, I will not take all the data from the color map when i get this to work. I can't get this to work anything like I want and all I get are stripes of RGB.

for (int y = 0; y < 10; y++) {

for (int x = 0; x<30; x++) {
        imageData[x+y*30]=colorMapData[x+512*3*y];
        }
    }

this code i thought would give a small 10x10 chunk of the color map to my imageData but instead I get what you can see in the picture.

I hope you guys can see what I am doing wrong :)

Thanks for your time!

//Hintze

Attached Thumbnails

• Skärmavbild 2014-02-19 kl. 22.45.45.png

Sponsor:

#2 richardurich   Members   -  Reputation: 1187

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Is there a reason you can't use glReadPixels?

The 3 lines of code you provided don't look wrong on their own, so you might need to provide a little more code for the error to be obvious.

#3 Hintze   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Is there a reason you can't use glReadPixels?

The 3 lines of code you provided don't look wrong on their own, so you might need to provide a little more code for the error to be obvious.

thanks for your response,

When loading in my textures I save the data of the texture away so I don't need to read from the texture directly, this should be more efficient, right?

the data of the texture is loaded into 

unsigned char * data;

and is deleted after loading them into OpenGL except the texture data i need later.

if(strcmp (imagepath,"blend.bmp") == 0)
    {

colorMapData = data;
        deletedata = false;
    }

I am pretty sure I get the data right this way because i successfully loaded in another texture in and drew it on top of the terrain just as i wanted, but when I try to read from the saved away texture data I get what you can see in the picture, I am happy to show you more code but I am not sure what would be useful.

thanks for your time:)
//Hintze

#4 richardurich   Members   -  Reputation: 1187

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

The general rule of thumb is to create as small a program as possible that exhibits the issue you have, then provide as much of that code as possible.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS