• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

How often dispatch input ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alessio1989   Members   -  Reputation: 2124

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

I started "playing" with input handling on Win32 (following the ApochPiQ example) and I never directly deal with user inputs (just used some DirectInput code like in the RasterTek tutorials...), so I was wondering how often should I dispatch the user input in the application/game loop?

Should I set a time lapse between input dispatches or I just OK dispatching inputs on every application/game loop iteration?

I'm asking this because I'm having some issues, especially with v-sync disable where the input response seems very "fragmented" and insanely slow even if the profiling tools doesn't show nothing wrong.

Edited by Alessio1989, 20 February 2014 - 12:25 PM.

"Software does not run in a magical fairy aether powered by the fevered dreams of CS PhDs"

Sponsor:

#2 Alessio1989   Members   -  Reputation: 2124

1Likes

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

Never-mind, problem solved: I was treating camera movements as actions instead of states -_-

"Software does not run in a magical fairy aether powered by the fevered dreams of CS PhDs"

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS