• Create Account

SDL or SFML bindings to Javascript?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4684

0Likes

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Quick question.

Are there SDL or SFML bindings to Javascript?

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5810

0Likes

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Sort of, emscripten includes a SDL port but there is no javascript binding for the standard version of SDL to use it outside of a browser AFAIK.

(Any library that interacts with the OS needs to be ported to target emscriptem instead)

Edit: looks like there are both sdl and sfml bindings for node.js aswell if you wish to use them for normal desktop or server applications.

Edited by SimonForsman, 21 February 2014 - 09:00 PM.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#3 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4684

0Likes

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Well, I found this, but I don't know much about Node.js - https://github.com/creationix/node-sdl

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS