• Create Account

GL_RGBA32F performance

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 857

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

I was using an FBO with GL_RGBA32F to store a computed normal map (generate 1x from a height map).
I changed it to a standard GL_RGB, unsigned byte texure, but comparing performances I decided to see how bad performance would be if I did all textures this way:

I changed my textures to this, from the standard GL_RGB internal format. I got 9 FPS, down from 170. I only have 39 textures. Explanation? Its not a bandwidth issue I don't think. Unless I go into gDebugger maybe I've used up all my GFX RAM and its swapping textures in system RAM. I do use some big shadow maps and VBO's so it could be possible.

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB32F_ARB, this->width, this->height, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, this->pixels);

Edited by dpadam450, 22 February 2014 - 12:06 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 857

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

GFX memory was filled.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS