• Create Account

How long for moderator approval?

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4386

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

The information on publishing an article, regarding initial moderator review:

..within 2-3 days, our editor will look over your article to ensure it falls within our content guidelines..

Is that still a good timeframe?

I understand people are busy, go on vacations, etc. I posted an article a week ago and it's still in moderator review.

Just asking.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

Sponsor:

#2 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18491

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, 2-3 days is a good estimated timeframe. It's usually more like 24 hours. smile.png

Every GameDev.net community member who has 'Crossbones+' (a dozen or so) by their name can pitch in and help review articles, so we tackle them fairly quickly. Especially since only one or two articles get submitted each day.

All it requires is three moderators or Crossbone+ members to read it and make sure it's not poorly formatted, incredibly factually inaccurate, or spam. Three reviews occur usually in less than 24 hours.

Could you link me to your article? Maybe something is wrong.

[Edit:] Oh, it's here. Apparently I can't view it. Are you sure you hit 'Publish'?

Maybe there is a pre-Crossbones+ moderation that has to be gone through that I wasn't aware of. Guess you need actual moderator help.

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 22 February 2014 - 12:12 PM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#3 Buckeye   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4386

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Are you sure you hit 'Publish'?

Yep. The status is Step 2: Awaiting Moderator Approval, and the publish date is "2038-01-18 22:14" (discussed in another topic).

Guess you need actual moderator help.

Are moderators listed/linked somewhere? E.g., per forum?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

#4 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3474

1Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Gaiiden is responsible for pushing articles into the queue for release, he also sets articles to release in the future, so that their is a 1 or 2 new articles every couple of days.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#5 Buckeye   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4386

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Gaiiden is responsible for pushing articles into the queue for release, he also sets articles to release in the future, so that their is a 1 or 2 new articles every couple of days.

As much as I hate to PM people, I did PM Gaiiden earlier with a reference to this topic. Thx.

#6 Buckeye   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4386

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

I got a response from a moderator. He informed me it may take a few weeks (not a few days) for an article to go through the initial moderator approval cycle.

If a moderator or someone who can change the article on Publishing An Article sees this post, please revise same to reflect the actual time for moderator approval. Thanks.

Edited by Buckeye, 22 February 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#7 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 20189

1Likes

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

As far as I understand it, Gaiiden/Drew, jbadams, or Michael Tanczos and possibly a few senior and staff people are involved in flipping the switches, even though it says it needs "moderator" approval.

(Although it is also entirely possible that a few of us have been neglecting a job to flip the switch, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.)

It looks like right now there are about ten awaiting approval.

It is a totally manual process and at some point I'm sure they decide when to schedule them for public consumption.
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#8 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4885

2Likes

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

It's a simple FIFO order from the bottom of the approvals list to the top. One article goes out per day. If I can't get through them in a week I start publishing more than one a day the following week. So at most a week and few days between final submission and editorial approval. Barring any modifications that need to be done by the author that takes them longer than this amount of time to get to. Edits do not change the original submission date though. I've made some edits to the How To Publish article to hopefully make this more clear

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#9 Buckeye   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4386

1Likes

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Gaiiden.

PARTNERS