• Create Account

Eclipse Gives Vague Error

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent_M   Members   -  Reputation: 560

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

I have two projects in my Eclipse workspace:
Engine: built on top of OpenGL with other dependencies
Launcher: game launcher that uses Engine

I setup my Launcher to use Engine as a dependency under it's Properties->Paths and Symbols->References, and now, I get this error when I try to compile my Launcher project:

Errors(1 item)
make: *** [Launcher] Error 1

A Google search revealed that Eclipse's makefile could be returning an exit code of "1" instead of zero where anything that's non-zero is considered a failure. Problem is, I get no other information about it.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that I do have a main() function defined in my Launcher project, but not in my Engine project since the Engine is a shared object. My Launcher compiles just fine if I don't reference Engine.

Edited by Vincent_M, 22 February 2014 - 06:17 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 King Mir   Members   -  Reputation: 1892

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

As a work around, eclipse can be configured to use your makefile instead of generating its own.

#3 Vincent_M   Members   -  Reputation: 560

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I've had some really bad experiences with Makefiles. They're manageable on smaller projects, but this one will be kind of large. This is one of the reasons why I chose to go with Eclipse. That said, I do think your suggestion is the right way to go. The makefile only changes whenever I change references/files, so maybe I can figure out how to fix this issue, then manually fix it every time a new makefile is changed.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS