• Create Account

Optera - real time strategy of social insects

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cawdeen   Members   -  Reputation: 141

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hello all!

I am new to these forums and thought I would introduce myself by sharing my project with you. I have been working on the art and design for a while now although I have not yet teamed up with a programmer. I will happily take any feedback or criticism on the art and visual style.

www.opteragame.com

584x406xAlate_flight_01-1024x712.jpg.pag

screenconcept_exploring_red_01.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Cawdeen, 22 February 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 auspaco   Members   -  Reputation: 106

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

I'm quite impressed by the images that you have - especially the second one. The first seems a bit bright.

It sounds like an interesting game. How does the gameplay work?

#3 Cawdeen   Members   -  Reputation: 141

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Players will control the units of a colony of ants in traditional RTS fashion. I plan on having several basic attacks units can do in game (bite, cling, sever, pin) as well as a stinging with venom or acid spray from the abdomen. Players will be able to customize their species to try and benefit from the environment they live in as well as take advantage of other players around them.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS