• Create Account

Correct texture mapping protocol

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 SteveHatcher   Members   -  Reputation: 436

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

Hi All,

I am following the Microsoft example of applying textures to primitives: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj552949.aspx

I am trying to turn it into oop code so I can adapt it to my 'game'. I am wondering how to take out the CreateDDSTextureFromFile() function and have it called first, to initialize the texture into memory.

I thought simply having a function which ONLY calls CreateDDSTextureFromFile(), to load up individual texture sheets before anything else, but when I do that in this example it just draws a black quad (I turned it from a cube into a 2d quad).

Where have I gone wrong in my thinking? EDIT - I am an idiot, was just using the wrong file path to load the texture. It works now. But part two of my question remains.

Thanks

P.S Unrelated to this issue but roughly 50% of the time when I run this code the program will crash and point to

CBNeverChanges cbNeverChanges;
->	cbNeverChanges.mView = XMMatrixTranspose(g_View);
	g_pImmediateContext->UpdateSubresource(g_pCBNeverChanges, 0, nullptr, &cbNeverChanges, 0, 0);

with an access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFF.

But I can just re-run the build and it will again either crash or work fine. any insight onto what would cause temperamental crashes?

Edit, the original source file is from here: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Direct3D-Tutorial-Win32-829979ef and I am using example07

Edited by SteveHatcher, 23 February 2014 - 12:33 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS