• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
95 replies to this topic

#41 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

1Likes

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

We are pleased to reveal a sneak peek of our card battle system!

Edited by EminenceFlora, 18 June 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Sponsor:

#42 OandO   Members   -  Reputation: 794

2Likes

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

The cards look fantastic, the map looks fantastic, the line art looks fantastic. Everything is tied together by a single visual theme... Why does the character art suddenly reject all that effort?

#43 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

0Likes

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

The cards look fantastic, the map looks fantastic, the line art looks fantastic. Everything is tied together by a single visual theme... Why does the character art suddenly reject all that effort?

Hello OandO, we appreciate your comments, I think one of our previous forum posters explained it best:

"The best example I can give about what I mean, is in the yu-gi-oh games... The art on the cards and the way the cards look, is radically different from the world around them, but the reason it works is you end up viewing the cards as quintessentially, their own world. so the cards themselves have a different look, but the world and the characters have the same style."

A lot of games tend to incorporate style differences between virtual word and battle segments (e.g. Final Fantasy, Pokemon) and we are confident that our game will be seamless in terms of design aesthetics. The cards will be viewed as their own entity but still tie in within the world of Eminence as you roam freely in a virtual world with your avatar, embarking on quests, deck collecting and challenging players to card duels. The stylistic elements of both the world and avatars will be one. We have also been working on crafting the look of the armour for each card division to reflect upon the Eminence branding in terms of colours and card aesthetics.

One key point of the avatar selection is the option to fully customise facial features, so players have the ability to choose from a variety of different eye / nose / hair palettes etc. We have carefully implemented our avatars in situ with the in-game explorable world and the card battle system, tying everything together.

Edited by EminenceFlora, 21 June 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#44 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

0Likes

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Cards of the first three Divisions. Who will you pledge your allegiance to -#Aeterna#Ixion or #Wilkurse

eminence_cards_part_i_by_shoelesspeacock

#45 yusef28   Members   -  Reputation: 163

0Likes

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

This game is so polished and with such rewarding sound effects. I recall the final fantasy card games being addictive, and that was the ones in 8 and 9 playing only against the computer. With the social element including avatars added I can see this being incredibly addictive.

#46 AntiSocialPanda   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

I was having nerdgasms just looking at the art! It looks phenomenal! Finally a card game that looks dark and adult and badass and everything else I wanted... and then I saw the characters...

I deflated pretty quickly lol. Depending on the gameplay, I'd still throw money at it though.

#47 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

0Likes

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

This game is so polished and with such rewarding sound effects. I recall the final fantasy card games being addictive, and that was the ones in 8 and 9 playing only against the computer. With the social element including avatars added I can see this being incredibly addictive.

Thank you for your feedback! It means the world to us.

I was having nerdgasms just looking at the art! It looks phenomenal! Finally a card game that looks dark and adult and badass and everything else I wanted... and then I saw the characters...

I deflated pretty quickly lol. Depending on the gameplay, I'd still throw money at it though.

Hey Panda! We appreciate your comments. Please remember that this game is still being developed and certain elements are subject to change. We feel that the fully customisable nature of the avatars will reflect upon the visual balance of the world art and the cards. We plan on releasing a character style sheet showcasing the different ways you can change the look of your avatars. 

#48 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

1Likes

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Introducing the Hollows Division. Find out the identities of these warriors over the coming weeks!

10497846_343345242483239_650202664975330

#49 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

3Likes

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Introducing Malphas - The Uncrowned King and first card of the Hollows Division. 

malphas_by_shoelesspeacock-d7q3ybc.png

#50 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

1Likes

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

Concept artwork for our next division; The Hollows.

10497254_344726815678415_274561117251778

Edited by EminenceFlora, 13 July 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#51 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

2Likes

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

A new force of the Hollows Division who seeks a hostile oblivion, Millennia.

millennia_by_shoelesspeacock-d7r3ubh.png

#52 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

1Likes

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

A presentation of some in game screens showcasing the variety of landscapes featured in Eminence.

4ui1xv.jpg

Edited by EminenceFlora, 19 July 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#53 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

2Likes

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

A dying world, plagued by the premise of a raging star which stands close to destruction. Will you save it? 

archaics_by_shoelesspeacock-d7rokly.png

#54 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

The harbinger of death, Evalisk, resides in the rifts of a timeless void... http://buff.ly/1pfgoc6

evalisk_by_shoelesspeacock-d7s372t.jpg

Edited by EminenceFlora, 26 July 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#55 Navyman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4053

0Likes

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

I think the The Divine Sage has a great color layout.

Edited by Navyman, 28 July 2014 - 04:16 AM.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

34410.png

#56 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

The Eminence Marketplace - your one stop shop for all card, equipment and gear needs. 

10536913_352440588240371_433620778433866

#57 Orymus3   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 10571

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

A dying world, plagued by the premise of a raging star which stands close to destruction. Will you save it? 

That setting!

Woah!

#58 justyourimage   Members   -  Reputation: 154

2Likes

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

I quite like the cards, the low saturated setting and the somewhat unique style they give of . However the colors and the style of the game and avatars itself seem a bit to flashy, shiny and cute to me personally. It feels like it is two different worlds are mixing - the former being more mature then second being more fresh and youth like. If I had to give an example in terms of target audience - mixing Magic the Gathering with Zenonia or even more extreme - Animal Farm (just as an example).

It wouldn't have been to bad to see something different to the usual in the game world as well instead of just the same old thematic that repeats itself time after time especially since the cards have such an unique design! I was kinda expecting something like the tron world (just an example). Yes you can mix absolutely different worlds if it 's a game in a game but that doesn't mean it might still leave a shallow feeling behind it, like you were to scared to follow an unusual attempt or were trying to much to into two directions at the same time.

That goes without saying that 's only about the overall art-style and feeling to it - and not the gameplay itself.

Looking forward to trying it out anyway.

Cheers! smile.png

Edited by justyourimage, 31 July 2014 - 10:12 AM.

I don't sleep - I drink coffee!

#59 EminenceFlora   Members   -  Reputation: 516

2Likes

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:32 AM

I quite like the cards, the low saturated setting and the somewhat unique style they give of . However the colors and the style of the game and avatars itself seem a bit to flashy, shiny and cute to me personally. It feels like it is two different worlds are mixing - the former being more mature then second being more fresh and youth like. If I had to give an example in terms of target audience - mixing Magic the Gathering with Zenonia or even more extreme - Animal Farm (just as an example).

It wouldn't have been to bad to see something different to the usual in the game world as well instead of just the same old thematic that repeats itself time after time especially since the cards have such an unique design! I was kinda expecting something like the tron world (just an example). Yes you can mix absolutely different worlds if it 's a game in a game but that doesn't mean it might still leave a shallow feeling behind it, like you were to scared to follow an unusual attempt or were trying to much to into two directions at the same time.

That goes without saying that 's only about the overall art-style and feeling to it - and not the gameplay itself.

Looking forward to trying it out anyway.

Cheers! smile.png

Hi justyourimage! Thank you for the kind comments! When talking about the avatars, we understand completely where you are coming from. Which is why we plan to implement even more styles to further customise your avatar more to your liking. We will produce a graphic showcasing this as an update in the next week or so, not to mention our trailer will be out soon which should give you a better idea of how the game will look and play.

Regarding our approach of art style, this was driven by the storyline:

"Within the previous events of the current timeline in Eminence, three Divine Archaics foresaw a prophecy where the world would finally be rid of its endless loop of destruction in the next cycle. For this to happen, they predicted a timeline of events necessary to occur in order for the world to be salvaged. In the discovery, Xander uncovered numerous cards etched with the faces of different individuals who appeared to have a key role to play in the predicted events. The scriptures warned that the individuals marked on the cards must never become aware of their fate, for the prophecy would distort – creating an alternate line of events which could continue to push the world into despair."

To reflect this we looked to our own history for inspiration, combining elements of Ancient Egypt's hieroglyphics and church stained glass windows to develop a style deep in mythology. We have also paid careful attention to merge and include these elements in certain parts of the game world when it is relevant to the story. Hopefully you'll find that it works quite well ...

We've planned it out so that when the player discovers this area within the story and sees this visual connection between all the art styles, the impact the player experiences will be that much more meaningful than if the whole game was to look the same.

Edited by EminenceFlora, 01 August 2014 - 03:33 AM.

#60 justyourimage   Members   -  Reputation: 154

2Likes

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hm okay that sounds pretty nice. The graphical execution is pretty good anyway ...

Just looking at that featurelist and it being an MMORPG I'm really looking forward to it.

Even more so if it 's based on a nice story, which is something most MMORPGs

always struggle with - and that Introduction sounds promising to me.

Ai, can't wait!

Edited by justyourimage, 01 August 2014 - 05:18 PM.

I don't sleep - I drink coffee!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS