• Create Account

Adjacent camera display slightly different colors for same view patch

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 floatingwoods   Members   -  Reputation: 292

0Likes

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hello,

I have 6 cameras, each with a view angle of 90 degrees, arranged orthogonaly. That allows me to create a spherical camera view, once a mapping between the 6 views to a texture has been decided.

That all works well, but depending on the camera orientations, I can sometimes notice that adjacent cameras can display slightly different colors when rendering a same scene patch. How can that be? My 6 cameras have exactly the same settings.

Following is a picture that shows the 6 views, and the resulting spherical view. In red the color differences. It has to be noted that the color differences do not depend on the camera, but on the orientation of the 6 cameras.

Thanks for any insight!

Attached Thumbnails

• vision.jpg

Sponsor:

#2 floatingwoods   Members   -  Reputation: 292

1Likes

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

I forgot to add following: if the world does have a specular color component of 0, then the differences do not appear.

Edit: I think I can finally answer my question myself: I need a per-pixel shading, i.e. a pixel shader. Am I right? Sorry about the noise.

Edited by floatingwoods, 25 February 2014 - 11:06 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS