• Create Account

I have Adobe Flash CS5, can I make games for iphone 5, etc?

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fradno   Members   -  Reputation: 143

1Likes

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hello,

While looking around for a game engine for iOS development, I found out that Adobe Flash can create games. I hadn't payed much attention to the program since I got it as I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator extensively for freelance work. Knowing that flash can create games, what can I actually do with it? At version CS5, would I still be able to develop for things like iphone 5 and above? For html5? I know that the latest version on Adobe Cloud can do so for html5 and has other advanced features. But can I say, make a game in Fl cs5 with plugins for html5 and later versions of iphone?

My plan is to develop for mobile platforms and possibly web. I want to utilize something like leadbolt to gain revenue from.

I searched around for similar topics, but didn't find my answer.

I have some game making experience and know the process. I want to make a small game and just see how well it does with leadbolt for monetization.

Edited by Fradno, 25 February 2014 - 11:12 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 16316

0Likes

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

I'm pretty sure it requires CS6 or later. Check the settings for publishing on AIR, the dropdown list should include the mobile platforms.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 Fradno   Members   -  Reputation: 143

0Likes

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Ah, I was hoping CS5 could pull it off since it has action script 3.0 on the start menu. Perhaps if AIR is updated to the latest, maybe even CS5 could be used for publishing to iOS 5+?

Thanks for the info.

#4 weaponizedPuppies   Members   -  Reputation: 107

1Likes

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Yes, you can.

Follow this tutorial on how to do it:

http://paultrani.com/2010/11/tutorial-creating-mobile-apps-using-flash-cs5/

If you are serious about app dev with Adobe Air, I strongly suggest making the splurge to upgrade to cs6. The mobile features they've added are well worth the $200 upgrade price.

PARTNERS