• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

My soundtracks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Danagos   Members   -  Reputation: 115

2Likes

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hello! These are my last two works:

https://soundcloud.com/denis-surov/epic-music

https://soundcloud.com/denis-surov/epic-music-2

I really want to write music for videogames, but I don't know where to start and where to find game developers who need music for their projects (especially not for free). 

Sponsor:

#2 gasto   Members   -  Reputation: 255

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Your soundtracks sound good. I am slowly developing a game and will have to deal with a lot of music. I am learning a lot from you guys.

Just my contribution(constructive criticism). I seem to be hearing a lot of 'epic' soundtracks lately, which doesn't allow sound designers/composers to stand out. If I were you, I'd work more on a personal side.

But perhaps because you are starting you haven't developed a personal style.

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 2.4 GHz. 3GB RAM. ATI Radeon HD 3400.

#3 gasto   Members   -  Reputation: 255

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Wow, I am twice your age, you have a bright future.

#4 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4354

2Likes

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Overall, very nice stuff. Good harmonic language and changes. Nicely mixed as well. At first I was thrown off a bit because it wasn't huge and epic from the start but then it really grew on me. I do think there could be a slightly larger layer which isn't heard in your music just yet. But it was effective and interesting. You've definitely got talent! Keep it up! 

Edit: One other critique is that you change textures/themes often. That's not a bad thing by itself but doing it too often can create a piece without identity. Epic Music #2 did a better job of keeping within a basic arena while the first track was more... scattered, in my opinion. Something to be wary of but overall, I really enjoyed both of your tracks.

Thanks,

Nate

Edited by nsmadsen, 02 March 2014 - 08:44 PM.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#5 Danagos   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for your comments. Also I write songs and have few examples of my music for games.

Your soundtracks sound good. I am slowly developing a game and will have to deal with a lot of music. I am learning a lot from you guys.

Just my contribution(constructive criticism). I seem to be hearing a lot of 'epic' soundtracks lately, which doesn't allow sound designers/composers to stand out. If I were you, I'd work more on a personal side.

But perhaps because you are starting you haven't developed a personal style

If you need music for your new game, we can work together. 

Edited by Danagos, 04 March 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#6 Danagos   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

I followed your advices and made a new soundtrack — https://soundcloud.com/denis-surov/epic-0

#7 gasto   Members   -  Reputation: 255

0Likes

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

I liked the beginning From 00:00 to 00:36 It had an asian feel, despite being synth, and in the ending 1:39 to 2:03 I can feel I am running reaching a precious goal.

It is not boring in the instrumentation and as nsmadsen suggested you managed to keep the changes in ambience subtle.

Edited by gasto, 09 March 2014 - 05:39 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS