• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Strategy Game Engine with little graphics

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 GiannisHadj   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

Hello,

I am looking to build a strategy game that will have very little graphics just like Football Manager but without showing the players. Basically It will only show numbers and achievements and maybe a a map with dots or something like that...no need for fancy graphics.

So I am looking for a game engine that will satisfy the bellow:

1. For strategy game

2. No need for graphics

3. For Android development

Thanks 

Sponsor:

#2 kostasrag   Members   -  Reputation: 116

-3Likes

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

unity

#3 Serapth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5593

0Likes

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

In a world of irony, not working in graphics on Android would probably make your task more difficult, not easier.  It's just not a text focused device.

With the Android requirement in place, I have to think LibGDX is probably your best fit.   The only downside there is it is built around Eclipse ( Java IDE ), which is a pain in the ass.  You can work in other IDEs, but that makes a lot of the learning materials more difficult, which presents a completely different pain in the ass.  Eclipse isnt really all that bad, until it breaks, then it's a complete nightmare, especially for a new dev.  If you decide to go the LibGDX route, ive done a tutorial series that should help you.

That said, working in Android doesnt force you to use Java.  You could easily use one of the LUA engines ( Corona, Gideros, Dreemchest, etc... ) or any other number of cross platform game libraries.  Even higher level tools like Construct or GameMaker would work, but I am not sure how free Android development would be.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS