• Create Account

Need help with allegro in dev c++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 PandaBerg   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(){
    cout<<"Hello World!";
    return 0;
}

Installing allegro seems confusing to me this is my first time using it in dev c++, I update my dev c++ using the update package manager and got allegro library and now the whole dev c++ is in chaos whatever code I use it gives me an ID returned 1 exit status even with this simple code above sad.png someone help

Edited by PandaBerg, 08 March 2014 - 07:59 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Poigahn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 518

0Likes

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

If you used Dev-C++ install Pak for Allegro, When you start a New project you should Have 2 Allegro Templates in the Multimedia Tab.  Do Not use those templates for the code you are typing in above.

Simply Create a Console Application and Give it another try

Your Brain contains the Best Program Ever Written : Manage Your Data Wisely !!

#3 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17924

0Likes

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

Which version of Dev-C++ are you using?  If it's the original Bloodshed Dev-C++ there are good reasons why you shouldn't use Dev-C++.

If however it's the more up-to-date Orwell Dev-C++ you should be fine to proceed however, as covered in this post on updated versions of Dev-C++.

Did Poigahn's tip help you out at all, or do you still need more help?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS