VHS Story is going to be an epic story for PC, MAC, Linux.
Video Hero Super Story (VHS Story) is a strategy / tycoon / streetfighter-manager game with 80-90s atmosphere, nostalgia and lots of games/movies references.
You have to manage your time and money to improve your fighter skills on one side and your training equipment on the other. You will start as an unknown fighter in the underground club and must work your way to the top and solve the mystery from your past.
Improve your characteristics, learn new fight moves and unlock new abilities in the skill tree. Make your setup for every fight to suit the particular situation and opponent.
Choose your way wisely. Every decision matters. You can be a super-hero, a criminal or waste your life watching TV, or even run your own gym.
The game is a mix of a non-linear storyline, a tycoon-like gameplay, RPG elements and a tactical fight.
Take a look to our image gallery.
- Nostalgia of the 80s and 90s.
- Lots of references to movies and games 80 – 90s. (i.e. if you get a job as pizza guy – it’s a chance to meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Alligators).
- A lot of irony.
- Leveling up and character progression.
- Perks: Some are partly gained at birth and others after quests have been completed and come to a decision. (Perks during the game are very important).
- Nonlinear story line. You have an opportunity to prepare for every fight, to study and analyze the opponent’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t manage to beat an opponent, try to buy information about his weaknesses in advance, or for example poison his beloved hamster.
We have been working on VHS Story for 1 year now. We have been working on VHS Story for 1 year now. We’ve been greenlit on Steam, and we’ve made it just in 5 days! We ended up with 70% yes votes!
Most of coding and game mechanics are done as well as the art content. Now we’re working hard on assembling all parts together, scripting storyline and making a game-balance job.
We hope we can release an alpha build with some small part of the storyline in about a month.
We are "GameJam"- a small indie game studio based Saint-Petersburg, Russia. The studio was founded four years ago by two friends.
We were crazy about making games and had experience in programming, but had no knowledge of game development. The whole history of studio’s growing up is a struggle for the opportunity to make games that we want.
At the moment the studio is composed of 4 people, and we have experience in creating commercial social and mobile games (see list of projects), but we’ve always wanted to make a game that has a soul, in which we ourselves would be happy to play.
Now we are going to have a closed alpha version in 2-3 months. The final game will be released this autumn!
We've also started pre-orders on our site:
If you don't want to wait for the final release, if you’d like a chance to play a closed alpha version and get extras (preorder bonus pack) you can place your pre-order by clicking here. (There’s more info about the pre-order on our site.)
Edited by Dartius, 17 March 2015 - 05:23 AM.