Fun project with 3D Artist

Started by
2 comments, last by lisacvuk 10 years, 1 month ago

Hey everyone, I'm a 3d artist who is looking for a programmer to team up with to create some simple and fun game content together. I'm talking no commitment, more of a partner to create ridiculous/fun content and bring it into a game engine. I'm looking at this as a means to push myself as an artist, as it would be an opportunity to push yourself as a programmer.

For example, I want to make a giant crab the size of a building.... so I make an amazing looking gigantic crab, hand it over to you and you give it hit points, a hit box etc. Then I make a hero to fight the crab... and so on. It would be very free without feeling compelled to do things a certain way. If you want to try out a new programming idea... great, try it out, it doesn't matter if it's necessary or not, this is about learning and producing content.

Ideally I'd like to find an animator to work with as well, but at first I'd like to find a programmer to work with. We'll exchange ideas and set reasonable goals based on those ideas. For example, a series of floating platforms to jump up with a chest to open at the top. Start simple and go from there. Although there is no requirements and this is for fun, I'd prefer that you have programming experience, professional or not, and that you are fairly competent when it comes to programming, as I am a competent artist (aka no one new to programming please).

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please reply to this post and I'll get in touch with you. Thanks.

Advertisement

hummm it may be interesting

KrinosX

I'd be interested as well, even though it might not be exactly what you are looking for - get in contact with me, so we can find out :)

It look intersting, i still learning programming but i am a 3d artist. If you want, contact me, i will be glad to help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement