• Create Account

Informations from tile to tile ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Manny_Lectro   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hi guys !

Sorry to bother you ! My name is William, I am a cg Artist and a game design student, and I need your help for something.

I would like to create a simple life simulator based on interactions between different tiles (in a grid).

On the paper I already have the entire system done, with all interactions between tiles.

Interactions such as : Each tile has an amount of a ressource, and 10% of that ressource is sent to adjacent tiles every minute.

The problem is : I am a beginner with programmation and I have no idea how to make the tile system in the first place.

Is there any engine or plugin already existing that would make it be easier ?

Thanks !

Sponsor:

#2 Shippou   Members   -  Reputation: 1334

0Likes

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

You need to learn how to program first, before attempting something like this. Even with a game engine you will need to know how to write game scripts.

The answer would be using a 2D array, and some way to iterate through it - however you need some experience before attempting more complex programming such as this.

... also Welcome To The Forums !

Edited by Shippou, 13 March 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Reactions To Technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

- Douglas Adams 2002

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS