• Create Account

Why would someone make a game using Wordpress as the framework?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnnyMakesGames   Members   -  Reputation: 168

0Likes

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

I was looking around and came across an RPG for Wordpress.  I thought it was interesting.  Neat project, but I was curious.  Why would someone use Wordpress for a game?  What about Drupal?  Does anyone do that (obviously text based games)?  Examples of any games online you know of?  Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Promit   Moderators   -  Reputation: 7622

0Likes

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Masochism?

#3 johnnyMakesGames   Members   -  Reputation: 168

0Likes

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

I can't think of a benefit to useing Wordpress, Drupal, or other CMS, other than authentication.

#4 SerialKicked   Members   -  Reputation: 576

0Likes

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Well, framework, here, is an overstatement.  But yes, Wordpress (or any other CMS for that matter) can be used to provide some features that you'd need in a game, like chat, private messaging, forums and authentication. It's relatively rare, but it's still something you can find on some community oriented websites.

ed: spelling

Edited by SerialKicked, 17 March 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#5 Nypyren   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4798

0Likes

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Masochism?

I hereby invoke Hanlon's Razor.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS