• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Sound Design (or composer) Resume/CV and cover letter. How to?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Valoon   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 491

0Likes

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

Hi everyone,

So I've been stalking and posting on this website for a while but I never actually asked about this before and I can't seem to find good informations. I'm a student btw.

I obviously understand that, as a sound designer or composer what really matters is your demo reel but the rest is important too. And honestly I'm starting to think that my resume/CV and cover letter(s) might suck since I got multiple good/great demo reel review from pros but I don't have what I feel would be a good ratio of answer/application. 

I actually got only one phone interview for an internship in a french company and sadly they misunderstood the time I was available so it didn't happen. I also have one other planned (but it's not really a game company it's a sound design + audio research studio for video games which is great too) and maybe one more, I'll know in like 2 weeks.

Only this out of probably 60 demands, and I didn't ask many AAA studios (maybe 10 of them are AAA). I feel I should get a little bit more if my demo reel is indeed good. So I figured maybe I don't know how to make a CV/resume and cover letter for this kind of jobs.

Is there anything special to do?

My cover letters kinda changes every time obviously since I adapt it but it's usually one full page. First part I talk about why I write it and why I choose the company, second part what I could offer, third part what I feel I would gain from the internship.

My resume I could upload it tonight if you want but I have one part with "skills" which are bullet points and I have stuff like "Pro Tools", "Wwise", "Max/Msp", "C#", ...

Then I have school degree.

Then experience which is basically my student projects.

And then a little "random info" (not named like that obviously), like I own a car and I play drums for example. 

Do you see anything super wrong? Do you have any tips?

Thank you.

Sponsor:

#2 kumarovski   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

This is a solid way to make a resume/CV and online presence.  

https://www.strikingly.com/online-resume

Hope this helps. Cheers. 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS