Direct3D Rendering Cookbook

Started by
1 comment, last by Spazzarama 10 years, 1 month ago

After 8 months of hard work my first book has been published! It has been a challenging but rewarding experience and I’m really excited to finally see it published. I hope people find it as enjoyable to read as I found it to write.

7101OT_Direct3D-Rendering-Cookbook.png

The book takes you through how to use Direct3D 11.1 and 11.2 using C# and SharpDX. There are also plenty of HLSL shader examples.

The book covers a range of topics including:
  • How to set up a Direct3D application and perform real-time 3D rendering with C# and SharpDX
  • Learn techniques for debugging your Direct3D application
  • Render a 3D environment with lights, models, and materials
  • Explore character animation using bones and vertex skinning
  • Create additional surface detail using tessellation with displacement mapping and displacement decals
  • Implement image post-processing tasks within compute shaders
  • Use real-time deferred rendering techniques to implement improved shading for lighting and shadows
  • Learn to program the graphics pipeline with shaders using HLSL and Shader Model 5

For more information you can take a look at the book at one of the following links, or ask me anything here.

1. Packt Publishing
  2. Amazon
  3. or over at my blog

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHook, Shared Memory (IPC), SharpDisasm (x86/64 disassembler in C#)

@spazzarama

Advertisement
Congrats. I'm glad we C# users (finally?) get a D3D11 book. Reviews look promising. Can't judge from the preview snippet, but I do like the mixture of bare bones and advanced stuff.

Wish you success biggrin.png

Thanks unbird. I really do hope it helps to fill the hole...

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHook, Shared Memory (IPC), SharpDisasm (x86/64 disassembler in C#)

@spazzarama

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement