• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Direct3D Rendering Cookbook

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 spazzarama   Members   -  Reputation: 796

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

After 8 months of hard work my first book has been published! It has been a challenging but rewarding experience and I’m really excited to finally see it published. I hope people find it as enjoyable to read as I found it to write.

7101OT_Direct3D-Rendering-Cookbook.png

The book takes you through how to use Direct3D 11.1 and 11.2 using C# and SharpDX. There are also plenty of HLSL shader examples.

The book covers a range of topics including:
  • How to set up a Direct3D application and perform real-time 3D rendering with C# and SharpDX
  • Learn techniques for debugging your Direct3D application
  • Render a 3D environment with lights, models, and materials
  • Explore character animation using bones and vertex skinning
  • Create additional surface detail using tessellation with displacement mapping and displacement decals
  • Implement image post-processing tasks within compute shaders
  • Use real-time deferred rendering techniques to implement improved shading for lighting and shadows
  • Learn to program the graphics pipeline with shaders using HLSL and Shader Model 5

For more information you can take a look at the book at one of the following links, or ask me anything here.

1. Packt Publishing
  2. Amazon
  3. or over at my blog

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHookAfterglow, C#raft

@spazzarama

Sponsor:

#2 unbird   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5598

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Congrats. I'm glad we C# users (finally?) get a D3D11 book. Reviews look promising. Can't judge from the preview snippet, but I do like the mixture of bare bones and advanced stuff.

Wish you success biggrin.png

#3 spazzarama   Members   -  Reputation: 796

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Thanks unbird. I really do hope it helps to fill the hole...

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHookAfterglow, C#raft

@spazzarama

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS