• Create Account

Unity loads all black

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Penanito   Members   -  Reputation: 284

0Likes

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

So whenever i load an unity project the scene is always black. I did look around and i found a couple but im rather new to unity and couldn't understand the solutions a bit, plus most of them didn't work anyways.

Capture.JPG

The problem only happens after i have saved the scene and project and reopen it. Doesnt matter if its fully self-made terrain and objects, or fully imported Assets/scene.

Sponsor:

#2 Nypyren   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4825

0Likes

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Perhaps you're missing a light?

#3 Penanito   Members   -  Reputation: 284

0Likes

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yes it has lights, but now unity is crashing when loading/creating so i just basically redownloaded it lets see if it continues

#4 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22812

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

It does look like a missing directional light. Or perhaps your terrain textures are messed up which is leading to the loading crash.

As for crash on startup, hold down ALT during startup and it will show you various options. Also, there is a log you can review, location is based on your OS. Some problems have well-documented solutions on the site, occasionally as simple as touching a file (changing the last modified date).

Edited by frob, 20 March 2014 - 12:07 AM.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS