• Create Account

Standalone Programs

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 felicia   Members   -  Reputation: 140

1Likes

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Hello, I was wondering how well Python works for stand alone applications because I know it's an interpretated language. If it works well, can someone recommend a good IDE? And if not what would be a good beginner language to learn to make stand alone apps?

Sponsor:

#2 recodr   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

GOOD IDE - http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

#3 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2011

0Likes

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Python is great for developing games. Look at my blog to see many that I've developed myself.

A good IDE is subjective. Here are some more popular ones:

Sublime Text

PyCharm

Komodo

To develop games, you can either use Pygame or PyGlet

To develop stand-alone applications, you can use py2exe!

Edited by superman3275, 23 March 2014 - 10:00 AM.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS