[Feedback request] for survival and conquer RTS!

Started by
9 comments, last by zebrakiller 9 years, 11 months ago

Hello guys and gals,

I have been using unity for about a year now and I have done enough tinkering to finally attempt my first real game. This will be an RTS game with a team based survival and conquer concept. I just want to have a clear understanding that I have put forth a lot of planning, research, and creation before coming here. I am not just some kid who has a dream of making a game. I have a realistic understanding of the market, demand, and the possibilities of profit. I have spent the better part of the the past year making this game on paper and having everything ready to roll on the development side.

The general idea behind the game:

Firstly, there will be 1-4 teams of 1-4 players. when the game starts each player will need to create one unit that they will control for the game. Depending on which unit they pick decides on the abilities and each one has Pros and Cons such as inventory space, amount of health or damage or even special abilities. Team will have to chose who plays which unit to make good combinations that benefit the team.

Players then must gather materials to survive. Your unit must eat, sleep, and stay warm and in order to do that your team must build a camp, hunt, and build items in order to equip their unit to eventual knock out the other tribes. I have about 6 different units at the moment. Will you play as the Warrior who has high combat skills but lacks the inventory space to build many things, or pick the builder who has the most inventory space, but if found in a 1v1 scenario will surly die, or even the hunter who moves quickly and can track and capture animals and even use them as pets!

So what do you think? I appreciate all feedback!

Looking for Java coder (smartfox) and 2D UI Artists for my Island Troll Tribes stand alone game: Here

Advertisement

Any one?

Looking for Java coder (smartfox) and 2D UI Artists for my Island Troll Tribes stand alone game: Here

I am looking for a team to make a playable prototype in order to secure funding for a full on project. If the prototype does well and we get funding, your position will then be paid as we go into full development.

To clarify your original post.

Is this a recruitment post or are you seeking feedback on your game idea?

If it is not a recruitment post, then I would suggest removing the recruitment parts and placing them in the Classifieds forum before you attract the attention of a mod.

If it is a recruitment post, then to be blunt - you are in the wrong forum and need to post in the Classifieds section of GameDev.net.

It is feedback, I already have a post in the classifieds and just forgot to remove a paragraph.

230 views and not a single post of feed back. Sad face. :[

230 views and not a single post of feed back. Sad face. :[

What are we supposed to give feedback on? Your idea is so general. Survival games are popular these days. But its the details that count. Also most people's first few projects will fail to go commercial.

Flesh it out first.

This reminds me of a Warcraft map named "Island Troll Tribes" and I suggest you to play it if you haven't yet.

I really enjoy these kind of games but It is not easy to find a team that actually understand each other. I don't want to dissapoint you but from my experience, many players don't play these kind of games.

it requires patience, You can't just pick and fight. you need to build, reasearch, search for food and so on that's why I say many player won't like it.

Gameplay won't be short and it isn't unusual that one of members says hey I have to go or I'm tired. This happen in any game but because these kind of games require teamwork then these problems is more important.

This reminds me of a Warcraft map named "Island Troll Tribes" and I suggest you to play it if you haven't yet.

I really enjoy these kind of games but It is not easy to find a team that actually understand each other. I don't want to dissapoint you but from my experience, many players don't play these kind of games.

it requires patience, You can't just pick and fight. you need to build, reasearch, search for food and so on that's why I say many player won't like it.

Gameplay won't be short and it isn't unusual that one of members says hey I have to go or I'm tired. This happen in any game but because these kind of games require teamwork then these problems is more important.

this would be a stand alone game of Island Troll Tribes, I am actually working with the original developers and to make a stand alone! I just do not use the ITT name because I have yet to meet any one who has heard of it lol. I also have ideas to make game play a little quicker but in a way that does not take away from the game. And look at League of Legends, it is all team work and an average game is 40 minutes and its the most popular game ever.

Yes but you should know that there isn't many rooms for making mistake in ITT, you may die at very beginning.

But many problems would be fixed with good compulsive tutorials, Also I would like to follow this project smile.png

Well, Gaming has come a long way in 12 years, and by using Unity I can do more things then the WC3 map editor allows so I should be able to make the game a little more user friendly, quicken up the pace, while still having a great game. Right now there not not much to show and I am working on a lot of back end stuff and looking for people who will stop over promising and under delivering, but once I get a functional proto-type I assure you I will be posting it here. You can also feed free to add me on Skype! Zebrakiller69 I know, very professional haha

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement