I'm searching for OpenGL 3d engine which
- will be easy-to-use and free
- can be upgraded with some effects, graphics (e.g. add realistic water).
The needs are the following:
- visualize Earth with real height map (is it possible to use procedural generation or it is only used to generate random planet?)
- put some models on the Earth by (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude), like aircrafts, cars, tanks and move them according to some equations
- any other visuals like realistic water, atmosphere, trees would be excellent.
By easy-to-use I mean something like that (pseudocode):
Aircraft plane = new Aircraft("aircraft.3ds");
earth.loadElement(plane, new Location(lat,lon,alt), angles);
I understand that it won't be that simple, but maybe there are some simple engines.
And a few words about me. I'm using C# in my current projects. I know a little bit of C++ and I understand that most engines are written in C++. I've started learning OpenGL 4.3 with "OpenGL SuperBible". For now I'm looking to 3d engines like OGRE and OpenSceneGraph.
I would really appreciate any help.