• Create Account

How exactly do you add custom effects in say Unreal

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 rAm_y_   Members   -  Reputation: 351

0Likes

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

I have never really used a game engine/sdk apart from one tutorial in Unity, but may get a license for Unreal soon, so say I wanted to add some kind of effect, take the saber fighting in Jedi Knight for example, or a fireball or portal of whatever, how would I do this, is this an animation topic or a scripting problem?

What would be a rough guide as to adding new effects like this, I take it you are not limited to a fixed set of effects and can actually do this without modifying the source code?

I know this comes under particle effects in the engine but my knowledge isn't good enough to really understand the ins and outs...

Sponsor:

#2 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5977

0Likes

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I have never really used a game engine/sdk apart from one tutorial in Unity, but may get a license for Unreal soon, so say I wanted to add some kind of effect, take the saber fighting in Jedi Knight for example, or a fireball or portal of whatever, how would I do this, is this an animation topic or a scripting problem?

What would be a rough guide as to adding new effects like this, I take it you are not limited to a fixed set of effects and can actually do this without modifying the source code?

I know this comes under particle effects in the engine but my knowledge isn't good enough to really understand the ins and outs..

Most effects are made using particle effects, blending and shaders, shaders are normally written in HLSL or GLSL.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS