• Create Account

WPF and maps

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Theis_Bane   Members   -  Reputation: 312

0Likes

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Don't know if this the right forum but here goes. I'm planning a setting building program/game where you can either draw out a map and add zones like towns and forests, or scan a hand drawn map and define the different zones. For now, the main purpose will be information storage (like town info and maps, forest encounter tables and general info). I picture it almost like a DM's setting assistant.

However, I've done little to no graphics programming, so I'm unsure how to proceed. Do I use tiles? I don't even know. In the future, I'd like to be able to add animation to my natural features ( like trees blowing in the wind). I operate mostly I WPF. Any advice on where to begin?

Sponsor:

#2 ferrous   Members   -  Reputation: 1917

0Likes

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

You might want to look into something like this, I believe it's written with WPF:

http://kynosarges.org/Hexkit.html

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS