• Create Account

[SharpDX] DirectX11 Wrapper is not compatible with VB.NET

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShadowTzu   Members   -  Reputation: 262

0Likes

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

Hello,

I just try to use SharpDX with VB.NET but I realized that it was impossible to use the 'SharpDX.Direct3D11.Effect.GetVariableByName("").AsMatrix.SetMatrix' function
due to the fact that VB.NET is not case sensitive,
SetMatrix has different name:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235408%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

My post is just for information for people seeking information on the duo SharpDX + VB.NET

Attached Thumbnails

• sharpdx_broken.jpg

Sponsor:

#2 xoofx   Members   -  Reputation: 777

0Likes

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Hello,

I just try to use SharpDX with VB.NET but I realized that it was impossible to use the 'SharpDX.Direct3D11.Effect.GetVariableByName("").AsMatrix.SetMatrix' function
due to the fact that VB.NET is not case sensitive,
SetMatrix has different name:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235408%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

My post is just for information for people seeking information on the duo SharpDX + VB.NET

Unfortunately, SharpDX has been designed primarily to be used from C# where you can fully leverage OO programming (like overloading methods using by ref parameters) and use unsafe code whenever critical code requires it. It is unfortunate that VB.NET doesn't support these. Going through all the methods/interfaces would be quite a job and would break lots of interfaces, but it is still doable.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS