• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Do Abusing Countries in game is illegal?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 King_   Members   -  Reputation: 114

1Likes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

i'm Building(trying) a game in unity,

i have a good idea,but which involves like player selects their country and smashes other country people(animated charecters) in the game. using country names legal in games?....the abuse in the game is funny not serious...the game involves fallowing

->>smashing player preferred country people.

->>throwing thrash on one another etc 

Sponsor:

#2 Erik Rufelt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3547

1Likes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

If you live in North Korea I wouldn't recommend letting the players smash your homeland. Other than that you're probably reasonably safe, though there might be similar concerns at a few other places in the world.

#3 King_   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

Nope i'am not a korean :) , thank you, you cleared my big doubt, Gotta smash 'embiggrin.png  

#4 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10081

1Likes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

player selects their country and smashes other country people(animated charecters) in the game. using country names legal in games?....the abuse in the game is funny not serious...the game involves fallowing

It depends on your own country's laws. Your country might have laws against that sort of thing.

you cleared my big doubt

Seriously? You're going to proceed on the word of some stranger on the internet?
Look, you might not go to jail for making that game, but that doesn't mean there can't still be serious legal consequences.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#5 King_   Members   -  Reputation: 114

1Likes

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

player selects their country and smashes other country people(animated charecters) in the game. using country names legal in games?....the abuse in the game is funny not serious...the game involves fallowing

It depends on your own country's laws. Your country might have laws against that sort of thing.

you cleared my big doubt

Seriously? You're going to proceed on the word of some stranger on the internet?
Look, you might not go to jail for making that game, but that doesn't mean there can't still be serious legal consequences.

ok i changed my mind....i've different plan now.....i'll be using country names for ingame locations only .Thank yourolleyes.gif

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS