• Create Account

CreateRenderTargetView - Giving C2039 error

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spawnn   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hello,

I am receiving this error below:

Error 31 error C2039: 'CreateRenderTargetView' : is not a member of 'ID3D11DeviceContext' D:\Development\C++ Project(s)\GameEngine Development Project\GameEngine__0_02\GameEngine__0_02\EngineMain.cpp 272 1 GameEngine__0_02

The compiler also brings this up:

32 IntelliSense: class "ID3D11DeviceContext" has no member "CreateRenderTargetView" d:\Development\C++ Project(s)\GameEngine Development Project\GameEngine__0_02\GameEngine__0_02\EngineMain.cpp 272 19 GameEngine__0_02

I have check over everything and all the libs and correct headers are linked and included.

The code for this is:
m_d3ddevcontext->CreateRenderTargetView(p_D3DBackBuffer, NULL, &D3D_backbuffer);
p_D3DBackBuffer->Release();
Please if any one knows why the library doesn't appear to have this function which should clearly be in there as im completely baffled.

Also i you need any more code snippets or information please just ask..

Sponsor:

#2 Mona2000   Members   -  Reputation: 590

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

There is no such thing as ID3D11DeviceContext::CreateRenderTargetView? There is ID3D11Device::CreateRenderTargetView.

#3 Spawnn   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

well that would explain it, thanks 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS