• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

beginners BreakOut in Unity

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 welly_59   Members   -  Reputation: 230

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

I made this over the last couple of hours this morning. Its very basic - just one level - but it does function as it should

Web player Link:

http://welly-unity.net23.net/breakout_web.html

I re-used some assets from my pong game i made yesterday. I didnt use any tutorials for this, i reffered to the unity script reference guide a lot though and did check some of my pong scripts to see how i implemented certain things in the past.

Any feedback is appreciated. i'm mainly making these simple games as a way to get my head around Unity, i have 'some' c# knowledge but in the past i have been put off Unity as its a little bit scary when you first open it up!!

Im hoping that i'll improve by doing these games, so what im wondering is should i:

1. Spend more time on breakout. Implement more levels, polish it up a bit, maybe try and bring in some power-ups?
  2. Move onto a new project?

Advice is taken gladly :)

Sponsor:

#2 welly_59   Members   -  Reputation: 230

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

ive decided to spend more time on Breakout, ive actually just had a really fun 30minutes implementing some powerups!

#3 _greyfox()   Members   -  Reputation: 1133

1Likes

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Too bad there's no Unity Web Player for linux. So I can't play :/

“There are thousands and thousands of people out there leading lives of quiet, screaming desperation, where they work long, hard hours at jobs they hate to enable them to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like.”― Nigel Marsh

#4 welly_59   Members   -  Reputation: 230

0Likes

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

a word of advice to any newbies - plan your software before you start coding! what started as an attempt to make a breakout clone has turned into a coding mess with me adding methods into classes which shouldnt really have them.

Im going to start again tomorrow and try and design it before i start coding. 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS