• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Text Based Adventure Game (Music Needed)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pugsley   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hi all just hoping some of you will have any knowledge of where abouts I can find free music for my text game.

Here it is:
http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/mitch-drunken-adventures/16765/

and I know the illustration Isn't great but I cant find an Illustrator either :P

Would really appreciate a response, I've given up looking. :)

Sponsor:

#2 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4315

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Why not hire someone instead? Perhaps there's a music student that lives near you and would be willing to score your game for the experience and some pizza? Or someone might be willing to do it for really cheap (like $20). Instead of just looking for "free music" consider hiring out someone or browsing royalty-free libraries, which can be VERY affordable!!

That way you can be more picky about what type as well as the quality of music you're getting. Also you'll get more experience in the challenges to hiring and working with a composer which will make you a better developer and contractor in the long run. Win-win!

Thanks,

Nate

Edited by nsmadsen, 30 March 2014 - 06:02 PM.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#3 Pugsley   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Ye, considered that already and might have to, but the royalty-free libraries is a good shout. Ill start browsing now, I guess I was more looking for an opinion of the type of soundtrack that would suit my game :)

Thanks Nate!

#4 DG_76   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Ah text adventures, such classic fun! I will have to check this out. As for royalty free music  smartsound is a site I know of that has royalty free music and at the bottom of the page they have a section for free tracks as well.

Edited by DG_76, 01 April 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS