• Create Account

Beginning iOS development

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch8910   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

I would like to begin developing applications for Apple devices, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. I've done research but I get pointed in different directions. 

I don't own a mac, but can run a Mac OS on my Windows OS with VM Ware. I have installed xCode and I have a basic feel of it's functionality. My only programming knowledge is very basic Java. I plan on going to university to study game making, but cannot attend within the next 2 years due to my location, and other issues. 

I plan on learning Objective C on my virtual machine, and moving to a real Mac for real app development. My problem is that I don't know the best way to learn Objective C. I have rummaged through dozens of YouTube tutorials that teach the same basics over in each video and then the videos stop. Not having a specific point to begin my learning and a path to work on is very disorientation and discouraging. 

So, if anyone with experience or knowledge has any tips for me that could help me truly begin my path to iOS development, I would be greatly appreciative. 

Thanks, Mitch. 

Sponsor:

#2 welly_59   Members   -  Reputation: 227

-1Likes

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Have you thought of unity? You can punish for all major platforms and can use Java script or c#

#3 Buster2000   Members   -  Reputation: 1580

0Likes

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

Just grab yourself a book to learn the basics.  Any of the beggining Objective C / iOS / iPhone/ iPad books should be all you need as long as it is an up to date copy  Appress usually has a few iOS beginner books.

#4 bioglaze   Members   -  Reputation: 490

0Likes

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Apple's developer website contains great resources on Objective-C on iOS.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS