• Create Account

Solved - SharpDX - XAudio error in windows 8

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Memories are Better   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 769

0Likes

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

This error doesn't happen in Win 7 and seems to only occur in Win 8 when debug flags are used. I have updated SharpDX libraries too and rebuilt but still have the issue.

A first chance exception of type 'SharpDX.SharpDXException' occurred in SharpDX.dll

An exception of type 'SharpDX.SharpDXException' occurred in SharpDX.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: HRESULT: [0x80040154], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Class not registered

This occurs when creating the XAudio device using the following code

xAudioDevice = new XAudio2(xAudioDebugFlags, ProcessorSpecifier.DefaultProcessor);

Using the default constructor doesn't give any errors however I want debug flags on so I use this. I have messed around a bit with flags / processor specifier and the error occurs when "XAudio2Flags.DebugEngine" is used. This is a normal desktop app and I have no other issues with running and for what it's worth no COM issues of my own, assuming this is a COM issue.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS