• Create Account

Where to get glew for the mingw64 platforms?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 623

0Likes

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

I need to compile things with .a libraries under windows and with codeblocks and mingw64.
I got the source code from glew official website but I don't know how to go about making the library files. Any help for me please?
BTW, do I just put the glew header files into the GL subdirectory of mingw64.
The only things I am missing are the .a's and the dll's.
Thanks
Jack

Sponsor:

#2 hobogoblin   Members   -  Reputation: 179

0Likes

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

It comes with a makefile. You need the gnu tools (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/), and just open a command prompt in the same directory as the makefile and type

make glew.lib

See the instructions (http://glew.sourceforge.net/build.html)

For the headers, either put them in a default search directory, or add the GL folder to your include paths by the -I command with gcc, or by adding them to your project in whatever IDE you're using. For code blocks: Settings -> Compiler & Debugger Settings -> Search Directories.

For VS it's C++->General->Additional Include Directories.

#3 georger.araujo   Members   -  Reputation: 817

0Likes

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

I need to compile things with .a libraries under windows and with codeblocks and mingw64.
I got the source code from glew official website but I don't know how to go about making the library files. Any help for me please?
BTW, do I just put the glew header files into the GL subdirectory of mingw64.
The only things I am missing are the .a's and the dll's.
Thanks
Jack

I, too, use MinGW-w64 and I've successfully used the 32-bit GLEW development files (DLLs and .a libraries) provided here in a few test programs. They work fine if you're building 32-bit binaries; but if you want to go 64-bit, you'll have to compile GLEW by yourself like @hobogoblin said.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS