• Create Account

how are this effects created?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 coffeecup   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

I would like to know how this effects are created.

jwDSChN.png

Are this all quadchains with different textures applied to it or how did they do it?

Its a screenshot from a towerdefense game in the Starcraft2 Engine.

Sponsor:

#2 Stainless   Members   -  Reputation: 656

0Likes

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:24 AM

Looks like a set of particle systems to me.

The trial that goes upwards roughly in the centre of the screen definitely is a particle system.

Looks like one of the particle textures may be an animated line as well, the one coming down at about 170 degrees and ending in the orange explosion. 

#3 coffeecup   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

I took the screenshot from the video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDi9hjTfRPA#t=1047

Do you think that the blue shot which is comming from the right side is also a particle system?

I read something about creating laser beams here http://codepoke.net/2011/12/27/opengl-libgdx-laser-fx/ and I was wondering if I could use the some technique for other effects like in the youtube video.

#4 phil_t   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3189

0Likes

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

Do you think that the blue shot which is comming from the right side is also a particle system?

Probably, it just looks like the particles are closer together in that one.

The lightning bolts on the left side look like a quad (or quads) with an animated texture.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS