• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Getting Ogre to work? vc2008

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 doug25   Members   -  Reputation: 317

0Likes

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

I'm having problems running the OGRE samples,

I've tried a number of OGRE sdk releases now,

I'm getting the samples to compile only with 1-7-2 version, and with other versions I get loads of linker errors

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, but I believe it's the 32-bit sdk I need cause it's the compiler that this is related to I think

I've followed the cmake instructions from various websites, and generated the build solution for the samples but I can't run the sample browser: error 0150002: 

the instructions: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Setting+Up+An+Application+-+Visual+Studio?tikiversion=Visual+Studio+2008+-+VC9

How do I run the sample browser; how do I get round this error?

thanks in advance,

doug

Sponsor:

#2 doug25   Members   -  Reputation: 317

0Likes

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Ah, I got it to work, I had to set the source code directory in cmake to the correct src code directory, I was setting it aimlessly to the sdk directory.  I just wasn't aware the src and sdk were different - but the instructions did say point to dir with OgreMain.  Now I'm using OgreSDK_vc9_v1-7-4 and ogre_src_v1-7-4, works on this Windows 7 machine.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS