• Create Account

point Light,directional light...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 aravind   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

How to set lights for 3d models?, problem is , i set point light in cameraposition, when ever i revolve the camera object doesn't look good it becomes more artificial(like darker in one side and brighter in another side),and when i use directional lighting its so brighter objects becomes white how to reduce the intensity of the directional light..?and  how do i do some good real 3d lighting ..!! suggest me some tutorials or send me some links for that...! 

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7126

1Likes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

Could you give more details:

1. What graphics API are you using (OpenGL,DirectX, other) ?

2. Do you have some screenshots ? (you know, pictures tell more than 1000 words).

3. Do you have some code sniplet to demonstrate how you setup your lighting ?

#3 Hawkblood   Members   -  Reputation: 723

0Likes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

I would also suggest a short video so we can see the problem in action.

#4 Alundra   Members   -  Reputation: 844

0Likes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

If you use pixel shader you can reduce the light intensity using a factor value who is mul at the end of lighting equation :

LightIntensity * LightColor * (NdotL + SpecFactor)

About the dark zone, the result depends on your attenuation factor, the equation now become :

LightIntensity * LightColor * (NdotL + SpecFactor) * Attenuation

You can use smooth-step interpolation using Begin and End params to have easy setup.

If you have a light who is near of a plane surface, the light will not bounce like the real world.

To achieve that you have to write a Global Illumination real time or generated, using generated, you will have to not move the light.

If you are new in the world of lighting equation, I suggest you to not try to achieve Global Illumination (GI) before you understand lighting.

Edited by Alundra, 23 April 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#5 aravind   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Ashaman73  Hawkblood Alundra

Thanks for your valuable comments guys,, kindly look at this 

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/656328-does-anyone-implemented-the-gouraud-shading-algorithm-in-c-directx/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS