• Create Account

Best way to build SDL 2

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Francisco Blanco   Members   -  Reputation: 120

0Likes

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm programming a tool that uses SDL 2 and I want to share this tool with other partners and now, I have a little problem when They try to compile my framework (can I call it engine?):

First, I'm using SDL 2 Core and all dependencies, mixer, image, net and ttf. I'm using OpenGL to render, filesystem bootstrap to file manage and LUA to scripting. They're a lot of dependencies and I don't want to create an imposible to compile enviroment!.

I want to do an easier way to use my tool, For this reason I want to share a "pre compiled" libraries, is it a good approach?.

my question is, how I need to compile my dependencies?, I need to build statics or dinamics libraries?.

I'm using Linux and MinGW.

Thanks all, regards!.

Sponsor:

#2 Alundra   Members   -  Reputation: 931

1Likes

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

can I call it engine?

If he does more than one thing and in different domain, you can call it engine I think.

For example a game engine is : Animation+Rendering+AI+Sound+Network

For this reason I want to share a "pre compiled" libraries, is it a good approach?.

You have to take care about license.You can distribute SDL2 but look to other license, and never forget to add license file.

I need to build statics or dinamics libraries?.

It's all a question of license for this one. Some library only give you dynamic lib but some give you both but has a restrictive license.

Edited by Alundra, 24 April 2014 - 01:30 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS