• Create Account

HLSL book suggestion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Saad Manzur   Members   -  Reputation: 196

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Hi,
Can anyone suggest some good books or tutorial from where I can learn about hlsl language in depth i.e. shadowing, lighting, ambient occulsion etc.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor:

#2 Jason Z   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4911

1Likes

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

If you take a look in my signature below, there is a Direct3D11 book that covers the language as well as a number of sample applications (although not the ones you listed).  In addition, there is a free D3D10 book that you can access online that has lots of examples for you to check out.

#3 Saad Manzur   Members   -  Reputation: 196

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

What's the name of the D3D10 book ?

#4 BloodyEpi   Members   -  Reputation: 623

1Likes

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

What's the name of the D3D10 book ?

I'd guess its the second book in his signature?cool.png

#5 spazzarama   Members   -  Reputation: 711

1Likes

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

HLSL Development Cookbook at Packt might also help you out. I have found Jason Z's book quite useful also.

There are plenty of great examples for specific effects/techniques out there, its just a pain trying to track them down smile.png Good luck!

p.s. although not focused on HLSL alone, my book linked below contains a number D3D examples that you may find useful also :P

Edited by spazzarama, 25 April 2014 - 09:58 PM.

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHookAfterglow, C#raft

@spazzarama

#6 Saad Manzur   Members   -  Reputation: 196

0Likes

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

I'd guess its the second book in his signature?

Ok, lol.

HLSL Development Cookbook at Packt might also help you out. I have found Jason Z's book quite useful also.

I've got my hands on that right now. I'll take a look at the book in your signature. Thanks. :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS