• Create Account

SDL 1.2 for mingw64

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 FGFS   Members   -  Reputation: 214

0Likes

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hi

anyone knows of a SDL1.2 and SDL_image 1.2 for mingw64? Or how to build?

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 BitMaster   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4427

0Likes

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

I haven't built SDL specifically but usually libraries will come either with a CMake configuration (in which case you just generate the desired build system of your choice) or Linux make files (if those don't work right out of the box in a Windows command line, use msys tied to your MinGW).

#3 georger.araujo   Members   -  Reputation: 824

1Likes

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi

anyone knows of a SDL1.2 and SDL_image 1.2 for mingw64? Or how to build?

Thanks

I have TDM64 installed in C:\MinGW. Change as necessary.

For SDL:

1) Get MSYS, unpack it under C:\MinGW, and change the contents of C:\MinGW\msys\etc\fstab to

c:/mingw        /mingw

2) Run C:\MinGW\msys\msys.bat, and unpack the SDL sources to your MSYS home folder (C:\MinGW\msys\home\<username>)

3) Build the library the usual way:

./configure

make

make install

4) The library files shoud be ready in C:\MinGW\msys\local

I just built the library and compiled a small test program with it - worked fine.

As for SDL_image, it should be a little more work since it depends on other libraries, but MSYS should enable you to build them all.

#4 FGFS   Members   -  Reputation: 214

0Likes

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

Thanks, that seems to be a really neat tool. I only need libtga for sdl_image, but I get errors. Anyone could build those 3 libs for me?

Thanks again

Edited by FGFS, 01 May 2014 - 03:55 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS