• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Compiler error (cannot find file...) C++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 suliman   Members   -  Reputation: 568

0Likes

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hi

I clean and rebuild solution but still i get this, dont know how to solve it... Plz help.

I did have two versions of gameMaster (both cpp and h files) but the old one is gone and as far as i understand all references to it.

Where could the error lie? 

I have other projects that use the same gameMaster.h/cpp and they compile fine so im confused... Some crossreferencing or something?

Thanks alot!
Erik

1>------ Build started: Project: pirate, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Compiling...
1>gameMaster.cpp
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\gameMaster.cpp': No such file or directory
1>gameTown.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Creating browse information file...
1>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022
1>Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\intermed\gameMaster.sbr': No such file or directory
1>pirate - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Edited by suliman, 01 May 2014 - 01:22 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 DaBono   Members   -  Reputation: 1007

0Likes

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

It seems it is looking for your gamemaker.cpp in the same directory as your project file. Is it there?

You may be able to fix this by removing the file from the solution in Visual Studio (keep a backup somewhere!) and dragging-and-dropping the file into the solution again.

#3 suliman   Members   -  Reputation: 568

0Likes

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

yes i found it!

(i had it included in the solution explorer two times, one time to the old file which dosnt exist)

Thanks!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS